Who we are
- The UK Cinema Association (Company Number: 5144256) is a Limited Company which represents the interests of over 90 per cent of UK cinema operators by number and market share.. When we refer to "UKCA" or "we" or "our" or "us", we are referring to the UK Cinema Association, and representing its membership, or any members in isolation, as the context requires.
- The Accessible Screenings UK website is managed by the UK Cinema Association, and receives its listings data from Findanyfilm.com, the industry-funded cinema listings service.
- We want you to feel assured about the privacy and security of your personal information when visiting and using Accessible Screenings UK. When we refer to ‘personal information’ in this policy, we mean information that identifies you as an individual, or is capable of doing so. This includes – but is not limited to – a first and last name, a home address, an email address, and/or other contact information.
- This policy sets out the basis on how any personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
- If you have any queries or requests at any time concerning your personal information held by us, please write to us at 3 Soho Square, London W1D 3HD or email accessiblescreeningsUK@cinemauk.org.uk
- We collect personal information from you and process your personal information when you register yourself on our website, submit a customer review, or correspond with us at any time.
- When you visit our website, we collect information automatically from your computer (including your IP address, operating system and browser type) to enable us to gather information about your visits, such as browsing patterns. Information collected in this way is only used in an aggregate and anonymous form rather than being linked to identifiable individuals.
How we use it
- We use personal information collected from you for the following purposes:
- to respond to your enquiry.
- to improve your online experience.
- to improve our listings services and those of our suppliers.
- to notify you of news, special offers, screenings, promotions, and any other offers we think you might be interested in (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes).
- We will only use your information within the UKCA. However, third parties (that is, cinema operators) will process your information via their site links when booking film screenings, and will have their own policies in place regarding your privacy, normally available on each operator’s website.
- If at any time you would like us to stop using your personal information, please write to us at 3 Soho Square, London W1D 3HD or email accessiblescreeningsUK@cinemauk.org.uk.
- When someone visits www.accessiblescreeningsuk.co.uk we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out the number of hits and unique visitors to the different parts of the site.
- We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting the Accessible Screenings UK website. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through the Accessible Screenings UK website, we will make it clear upfront when we collect personal information, and will explain what we intend to do with it.
- We do not collect information with a view to selling it to unconnected third parties.
Changes to our policy
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you may ask us to provide you with the details of any personal information that we hold about you. Such requests should be emailed to accessiblescreeningsUK@cinemauk.org.uk, or posted to us at 3 Soho Square, London W1D 3HD.
- If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, you should email or write to us as above. Any information that is found to be incorrect will be promptly corrected.